My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The ultimate meaning of life is to embrace that which compels you to act in spite of fear.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Grooming

I looked in the mirror yesterday morning. Staring back at me was a mug from the mid-1970s. My wavy (bushy) hair was like something from Welcome Back Kotter, and the 4-day stubble on my face said "Hoodlum #3" in the credits of some cheesy cop drama from that same era.

Actually, the look was more like that of Ronald McDonald after being "voted off the island" in Survivor. Yeah, that's it.

So I rushed down to see to Mario, my awesome downtown hair guy. He worked his magic and now I look all spiffy and preppy again. It's a look that seems to work for me; and I don't like to spend too much money or time on my appearance.

Besides, the only other free time for a cut was this morning, and I didn't want to miss Steve the Second, the second set of "Steve" radio plays by brilliant comedy writer Matt Watts, and well produced by Joe Mahoney. If you haven't heard this show, which airs on CBC Radio One, I highly recommend you tune in. And pick up Steve the First if you haven't heard it. You can order it on the CBC website.

The acting is superb. And the material is highly intelligent, playfully layered, and very, very funny.

Even funnier than my hair before I go to visit Mario.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home