My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The ultimate meaning of life is to embrace that which compels you to act in spite of fear.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Empty Glass

I first heard Pete Townshend's brilliant solo début, Empty Glass, in 1980, when I was 13. Now, over 25 years later, I find this timeless and transcendent music has lost none of its liberating power.

"Thaaat's nice," you're thinking. Okay, so I felt I needed to say something positive and uplifting after the Grizzly Man post (see below).

But make no mistake, Empty Glass is a great album. LP. CD. Whatever the form.

I'm dating myself, but I don't care.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakwriter said...

Right on. And it's seldom mentioned, I find. When my musical friends and I meet for beer and someone mentions Empty Glass, a quiet reverence comes over us. It's a great album. In fact, I'm going to change that now.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Orville Lloyd said...

I'm very fond of it too.
I'm glad that you've reminded me of it. I haven't listened to it in years.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home